Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tasmania - 23rd December - 30th December

Well what can I say about Tasmania....I'm living here at the moment so loads...

I will start by saying that Tasmania is one hell of a beautiful place. Out of all the places in Australia I have resided, this has got to be one of the most beautiful regions of Australia.

I am currently residing in Longford which is south of Launceston. One of Tasmania's major cities....Well.....As major as they can be in this unique part or the world. Launceston is where Lynne and family will be based while they are in Tassie as we Aussie's call it. Since I have been in Tassie, I have visited many lovely places and I hope that Lynne and her family manage to get out and have a good look at the place.
  • Link to Tourism Tasmania


  • Mt Farrell.(712M)
    I decided to take a good look at Tassie while I was here and one of the best experiences I had was at a small town set amongst high Mountains called Tullah. Tullah flourishes on it's rich heritage of Mining and Hydro Electric power development which has dominated its history and it's all still preserved there. This is a photo I took of Mt Farrell.
  • An interesting link to Tullah's history


  • Montezuma Falls - Tasmania's tallest waterfall at 104m (312 ft).
    About a 30 minute drive I discovered a sign that said Montezuma Falls. I had never seen or read about them but decided to do a walk and go have a look. I found that they are Tasmania's tallest waterfall at 104m (312 ft). After a little research I found it is an easy walk, through rainforest, along the historic route of the former North East Dundas Tramway, and the track takes you right to the base of Montezuma Falls. Walking from Williamsford (the turn off is just outside Rosebery), the track takes you through pleasant and open park-like rainforest - including leatherwood, myrtle, sassafras, giant tree ferns and colourful fungi. Well worth the trip and maybe should be a request...That's if you can drag yourselves away from sking..Hehe!
  • More on the Montezuma Falls



  • No comments: